Chris Ciulla — Who the hell is he, and how did he get onto my set?
Chris is a credited actor, host, voice actor, producer, boxing commentator/analyst and radio personality living in Los Angeles. A versatile performer with well over 15 years of experience, Chris has dedicated his life to entertaining people. Chris originally grew up in Boston.
– For recent bookings, Chris was cast by John Jackson (Alexander Payne’s personal CD) in the 500K feature film THE PETAL PUSHERS. Chris’ playing the male lead, Detective Bryce Fry. They are set to finish principal shooting at the end of June 2015.
– Chris also has a short called FRANCIS premiering this summer. It was shot with former child star Clayton Snyder from Lizzie Maguire. They play feuding brothers from a Pennsylvania wrestling family. It was a very physical shoot, and he’s looking forward to the fight footage.
– Chris also had a recurring role on an action/comedy webseries called CAPER created by Amy Berg (DaVinci’s Demons/Eureka) and produced by Felicia Day starring series regulars Abby Miller (Justified), Joel Gretsch (V), Beth Riesgraf (Leverage), and Harry Shum Jr. (Glee).
He also shot a 2-day co-star on CASTLE.
– Commercially, Chris has a national Fidelity commercial airing, and he typically has 2 nationals running simultaneously.
– Chris has also booked the following video games: FINAL FANTASY Type-0 HD, American Revolution-themed CHILDREN OF LIBERTY, and an upcoming huge series release from 2K.
– This year, Chris has been quite busy, shooting and recording national commercial spots for both UPS, Sears, and American Family Insurance. This followed a year in which Chris shot commercials for GroundLink, Gillette and WalMart.
– Chris has also worked extensively in the voice booth, booking principal voice roles on the video games Codename:CYGNUS, Final Fantasy, and Fallout – New Vegas, in the animated feature Sammy’s Adventure 2: Escape from Paradise, and as the narrator for both the award-winning documentary Beyond the Epic Run, and web tutorials for HP and American Career College.
– Chris is an in-demand Audiobook Narrator, with such credits as The Dying of the Light:END by Jason Kristopher, The Purples by Warren Berger, and Illegal by Paul Levine. All can be purchased and downloaded via Audible.com.
– Chris landed principal roles in several independent films hitting the festival circuit. Sage, The Golden Age, Blood Effects with Kris Black and Shar Jackson, and Bobby Khan’s Ticket to Hollywood starring up-and-coming comics Tarun Shetty and Brian Swinehart.
– He also shot principal roles in three pilots. THE HUB, a Boston-based comedy, A.D.D. hosted by Last Comic Standing finalist Adam Hunter, and the Untitled Bas Rutten Pilot, starring (obviously) MMA Superstar Bas Rutten.
– In 2011, Chris spent the majority of the year traveling across the United States and Europe as a Cognac Host and Emcee for Remy Martin, the world’s leading Cognac brand. Chris learned the intricacies of the distilling, blending and aging processes for cognac production, and charismatically delivered enlightening 60-minute presentations to jovial groups of 30 or more.
– He has previously landed principal roles in Southland Tales directed by Richard Kelly, Unearthed from Lionsgate, and Underdog from Disney.
– Had shot several comedy bits with Comedy Legend Jerry Zucker for his online comedy venture, National Banana.
– Chris landed a recurring role on Hi-Jinks, a hidden camera show for kids on Nickelodeon. He starred in 6 episodes, and had the pleasure of working with such personalities as Holly Robinson Peete, Evander Holyfield, and Ted McGinley.
– He’s also an experienced stand-up host. Chris produced and hosted his own stand-up comedy show called Comics Anonymous.
– Chris developed the boxing web show/podcast, The Stick and Move Show. Stick and Move delved into the unfiltered world of championship boxing. Chris can also be heard as the boxing expert/analyst for many sports radio shows nationally.
– Chris is also a celebrity voice impersonator. He has done his Christopher Walken impression on too many occasions to count on national radio shows. Other impressions include William Shatner, Dateline host Chris Hansen, Charleston Heston, Albert Finney, and Jim Rome among many others.
– Native of Boston, Graduate of Boston College - B.A. Political Science, Concentration in Communications
– Employed post-college as both an Aide to now US Senator Edward J. Markey (D-MA) and a PR director for a Massachusetts State Senator. Simultaneously was pursuing an amateur boxing career, which was derailed by both a chronic back injury and his father sternly reminding him how terrible a boxer he was.
– Got his live performance start with Perfect Monster, a popular Boston-based sketch comedy group. Performed regularly at the Rick Jenkins-run Comedy Studio in Harvard Square.
– Has also worked extensively as a personal trainer and boxing trainer. He recently was interviewed by BackStage as a fitness expert for the article Fit For Duty, regarding how actors should utilize personal training to improve their craft.
– Chris is a UCB-educated Sketch Comedy Writer (Graduated UCB 101 and 201).